Hardwood Floor Cleaning and Refinishing Greenville SC
Call Us At (864) 297-6440 For Immediate Service
Never have hardwood and laminate floors been more easy and mess-free than with Ron's new Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaning and Restoration System. Our dust-free, mess-free cleaning method will bring your hardwoods & laminates back to their original luster once again. You'll be back walking on your floors in a fraction of the conventional refinishing methods.
Ron's Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning is your one-stop shop for all of your flooring maintenance needs. Let us show you why we are the premiere hardwood floor cleaning and restoration service in the Upstate. Give us a call today at (864) 297-6440 or contact us online to schedule service today!
When you move into an older home, you’ll often find your hardwood flooring is scuffed, marked with buildup and dust, dulled, or just looking worn. Maybe you’ve gotten tired of an old, worn-down carpet and pulled it up only to discover true hardwood flooring, gray and dusty and dirty from years of neglect underneath. Even if you’ve recently moved into new construction and you need some ideas on how to keep that laminate flooring gleaming, we are here to help!
PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT
Solid hardwood floors are touted as one of the best ways to help with your home’s resale value. Fortunately, they are one of the easiest kinds of floors to keep clean, sanitary, and looking beautiful. They do need a little help, though, to keep their warmth and character. It’s important to know how to prevent damage to your solid hardwood floors, and Ron's Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning has a few tips to help you maintain your hardwoods for years to come.
- Dirt and grit.Old hardwood floors often look scuffed and like someone drew sandpaper across them, and dirt and grit are generally the culprits. Place floor mats at each door, as well as being careful to remove your shoes when you come inside, to keep from tracking dirt in with you.
- Water and other spills.Never leave a puddle of water just sitting there on hardwood; over time, it can warp the wood and ruin the finish. Simply wipe up all spills as they happen.
- Hard cleaners.Oil-based soaps should always be avoided. They don’t truly wash off, instead slowly building up and creating problems with maintenance later on. Instead, neutral pH cleaners made specifically for wood floors are recommended.
- Furniture.Are you one of those who periodically loves to rearrange the furniture? Make sure you enlist help and always carry furniture, never dragging it. The feet of a heavy couch or chair can easily leave scratches in hardwood floors that can be tough to get out, or simply wear the finish down over time. Felt contacts under the legs will help prevent scratches.
- Dents.Vacuum with a brush attachment — don’t use vacuums with beater bars.
- Sun.Direct sun can fade and discolor your hardwood floor. Close curtains and blinds, or consider adding sheer drapes to protect from the sun’s intense UV rays.
- Sweep.Sweep often, and pay attention to baseboards and corners. Brooms with fine, exploded ends will be the best for picking up dirt and dust effectively.
- Vacuum.Canister vacuums with special bare floor attachments are the surest way to get rid of all the dirt and dust. Just like with sweeping, special care should be given to baseboards and corners where it’s easy for dirt to get trapped and settle in.
- Dust mop.Use a good dust mop — one with a 12- to 18- inch cotton head — and a special dust mop treatment. Spray the treatment onto the mop head 12 to 24 hours before dust mopping.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR HARDWOOD RESTORATION
Maybe you’ve moved into an older home, and the previous owners didn’t take very good care of the floors. Dust, build-up, scratches from chairs being dragged across the floor day after day… all of this can add up to dull, dirty, hardwood flooring that you don’t exactly want to show off to company. Give us a call and let us come help you make those floors shine! We offer two different hardwood floor refinishing options, depending your restoration needs. Our methods are dust-free and, unlike conventional methods, don’t make a mess.
- Intensive Cleaning.
- An aggressive scrubbing of the flooring removes the dirt and discoloration that can build up over the years. This can be done alone or as part of routine maintenance.
- Scrub with Dirt Dragon and I.F.T.
- Repeat with Dirt Dragon and Squeaky™
- Tack with microfiber cleaning pad and Squeaky™
- Clean & Refinish.With this option, we combine Intensive Cleaning with a quick and easily applied Hardwood Floor Refinisher. This system removes dirt from the floor and restores a uniform sheen.
- Scrub with Dirt Dragon and I.F.T.
- Repeat scrub with Dirt Dragon Squeaky™
- Apply TyKote® with a microfiber pad
- Top coat with Street Shoe® polyurethane coating
When you think about laminate or hardwood floor refinishing, do you think about chemicals and worry about whether or not it will be safe to take a deep breath? We specialize in using products that are safe for you, your family, and even your pets. This means that we use Basic® Coatings water-based wood floor polyurethane finishes utilizing low VOC, NMP-free and low impact green products for your hardwood floors.
When we said no mess, we meant it. We don't sand the floors, so there is virtually no dust to clean up. That means you don’t have to close off whole rooms, air vents, or spend your day dusting the entire house.
Also, we work fast. We’ll be in to refinish your hardwood or laminate flooring today and have you back to business as usual by tomorrow. You won’t find a refinishing system that works faster than ours!
Combining our refinishing methods with basic daily maintenance on your own will help you keep your hardwood floors beautiful for years to come. If your hardwood floors are looking a little dull and you’re interested in having your hardwoods refinished, we’d be happy to talk to you about your options and when we could schedule a visit!. We are one of the few companies able to refinish laminate flooring as well, so don’t worry if you don’t have true hardwood; we’re still here for you. Give us a call today or contact us online for more information!